- Open a word processing document.
- Set a timer to 5 minutes or 10 minutes.
- Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
- Fill the word doc with as many words as you want. Once you begin writing, do not stop.
- Do not cheat by going back and correcting spelling and grammar.
- You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitalization.
- Copy & paste the entire passage onto your blog post.
- At the end of the passage, write down “No. of words: ___”.
- Copy & paste these rules with your nominations (at least 5 bloggers).
- Choose a new topic for your nominees.
My Free Style Writing Challenge
The assigned topic for my challenge was “The Train Journey” and I timed myself for 5 minutes.
The train cars are rolling swiftly down the line,
taking steps toward you in the gold mine.
We think often of your journey into the clouds,
where the rain stops and finds the sunshine mild.
Where are you going now that you’re free?
What sort of luggage are you packing?
What kind of person looks into the void and screams I’m fine. Today.
It’s not the sort of place you can run to
It’s not where you most want to go.
There’s a candle by your bedside and you think it will go out.
I can believe that you’ll be coming back one night when I’m away.
There are tiny red dots all around me in the grass, like dew.
It’s a gentle mist and I can feel the wind brew.
My heart is a mess when you talk about the time when
You were here on the earth spinning and spinning around.
No. of words: 157
I nominate the following bloggers for the challenge. Once you’re ready with your word document open, scroll down to the foot of this post for your topic!
- E.L.E (eat.live.escape)
- The Gastronomy Gal
- Dating Life
- Cooking Without Limits
- Dining with Donald
Remember, don’t read the topic until you’ve read the rules and are ready with a timer….
This is your topic for the challenge: “The last drop of water”.